Happy Wednesday! For my Wellness Wednesday post this week I wanted to answer a frequently asked question.
Question: What are your go-to healthy things you order when eating out?
Answer: Here are some examples of what I would order on WEEKDAYS depending on where we are.
- Water + Veggie Based Juice (lunch)
- Sauvignon Blanc (dinner)
- Skinny Margarita (dinner)
main course //
- Seafood or Fish
- Tuna Tartare
- Sushi *ask for no rice – or for it to be rolled in cucumber
- Poke Bowl
- Salad with Grilled Salmon
- Fish Tacos *ask to be grilled & naked (no shell or tortilla)
- Soup *non cream based – love a good Miso or broth based soup
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom
- Warm Bowl with Quinoa/Veggie/Protein *light cheese
- Do’s: dark green leaf lettuce, lean protein grilled, fat (avocado/nut), dressing on side
- Don’ts: fried protein, croutons, too much dressing, too much cheese
- salad to start *dressing & cheese on the side – depending on what it is will depend on how much I use
- grilled veggies or edamame
- chips & salsa/guac *ask for a side of cucumbers for dipping
On WEEKENDS I do treat myself and indulge when we are out to eat. I like to order any of my favorites – pasta or pizza, tacos, calamari, a cheese board and spicy margaritas.
If you’re local to Kansas City, be sure to check out My Favorite Healthy KC Lunch Spots.