October 5, 2018
Fall is my absolute favorite season. I love the chill in the air, the change of colors, the cozy sweaters and the yummy candles. There are so many fun things to do this fall, so today I am sharing 15 things to get your fall started off right!
1. Visit a pumpkin patch. Pumpkin patches these days are so much more than just picking pumpkins. Our favorite in KC is Johnson Farms (we love the animals, jumping pillows & silo play yard).
2. Go for a Hayride.
3. Go to a Renaissance Festival. KC Ren Fest is open every weekend until October 14th.
4. Go Apple Picking and of course enjoy the apple cider & apple donuts!
4. Check out your local Zoo or Children’s Museum for Halloween activities. KC has “Boo at the Zoo” October 27th & 28th.
5. Make smores at home.
5. Spend an afternoon at a local winery. KC Wine Co. has apple cider wine slushes & pumpkin spice wine slushes!
6. Go to a Haunted House.
7. Carve pumpkins. Don’t forget to roast the seeds too.
8. Rake leaves & jump in them. Sutton is already asking to do this!
9. Collect colorful fall leaves.
10. Cozy up and have a movie night. Don’t forget the popcorn!
Favorite Family Friendly Halloween Movie, Ranked Top 5
Hocus Pocus / It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown / Beetlejuice / The Nightmare Before Christmas / Hotel Transylvania
Scariest Movie Ever Seen, Ranked Top 5
The Exorcist / The Silence of the Lambs / The Ring / The Shining /Saw
11. Tailgate at your local football game.
12. Take a drive in the country.
13. Make a big batch of chili. One of my favorite recipe here.
15. Take your Family Christmas Card.
The fall light mixing with the bright colors of the season is a combination you can’t beat. Find a warm, sunny afternoon and take pictures or hire a photographer for your family’s christmas card. I shared a few tips here!
What are some of your favorite things to do during the fall season?