Bad hair days are the worst! So today I wanted to share some tips that can help you avoid these dreaded days.
1. Invest in a good shampoo and conditioner. Just as we spend our money on clothes, you should spend some of that on a good hair care line too. If you use quality shampoo and conditioner, your hair is healthier and easier to mange and style.
2. Learn how to do a sock bun. Even on your worst hair day, putting your hair in a sock bun will give you a finished, polished look.
3. Keep your salon appointments! Trimming your dead ends on a regular basis will keep your hair looking healthy and you won’t have to worry about your ends making the rest of your hair look bad.
4. Unless your absolutely need to, don’t wash your hair every day. Shampooing every day can dry out your hair and, if you have color treated hair, it will fade your color much more quickly.
5. Learn several hairstyles you can do under 10 minutes. Whether its a quick fishtail, sleek pony or top knot, having go to styles to to fall back on will be great to have when your having a bad hair day.
6. Make sure you’re going to a good hairdresser. If you’re wasting your money on a bad cut, you’ll also be wasting your time on trying to style it. Trust me! I have long, heavy locks and it will not style well unless I have a good cut with layers and texture. My hairdresser knows exactly how to cut it and I have been going to him for many years.
7. Use a wide-tooth comb when hair is wet. Brushing wet hair causes major breakage, which can leave your hair looking unhealthy.
8. Use product before you style your hair. Not only will it hold your style longer, it also protects your hair again the damaging heat. Depending on what style you are going for will require a different style product. Ask your hair dressers if you are unsure.
9. Carry dry shampoo with you wherever you go. I keep one in my purse and at home. It’s a great option to have if you are short on time and can’t shampoo, plus adds instant lift. *Baby powder also works great if you have lighter colored hair.
Hope this helps! Have any quick tricks that work, send me them on twitter!
Last but not least I teamed up with Adorn and 19 other lovely bloggers to give away a $150 gift card to Adorn! If you have yet to visit Adorn they have darling handmade items with new daily deals everyday! To enter follow the rafflecopter steps below.