One of my favorite salads in the summer. This healthy Chickpea, Avocado, & Feta Salad only takes 10 minutes tops to make. It’s perfect for a quick lunch, dinner, or snack!
NOTES: Firm avocados are ideal for this recipe so that they hold their shape. You should still be able to lightly press into them
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 large avocados
- 1 can chickpeas, 15 oz
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 tbsp fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp sumac
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: 1 clove crushed garlic
- Slice the avocados and add them to a salad bowl.
- Add in the rinsed chickpeas, sliced onion, feta cheese and chopped cilantro.
- Generously drizzle with olive oil and pour the lemon juice over the top. Season with the sumac and salt & pepper to taste, and the crushed garlic if using
- Toss everything together and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve alongside your favorite main course
Enjoy with a glass of sauvignon blanc! xx