March 6, 2018
1. I am a total paper and pen planner kind of gal. I live by my Emily Ley Simplified Planner. Planners are essential for working / parent life; I can keep track of all Sutton’s school activities and work events and deadlines.
2. A beauty must-every-single-day is my Revision Intellishade original tinted moisturizer. It’s lightweight SPF moisturizer with a little tint – so the days I wear minimal makeup this gives me a little bit of coverage and that much-needed glow.
3. Staying hydrated is so important to me. We all know the benefits of drinking water including healthy skin, aid in weight loss and combat/flush out any illness. I love my Hydro Flask Water Bottle (32 oz size) because it holds so much water and keeps it cold. My goal each day is to drink 3 -32 oz bottles.
5. Sunglasses Because you know moms, we are always looking tired, or at least I am!
7. My baby carriers have been so much more handy with baby number 2. It is nice to be hands-free when I am with Sutton or working around the house. My favorites are Solly Baby, Wild Bird, and Studio Romeo.
8. Multi-tasking is what working moms must do! I do a lot of emailing and social media from my phone when I am feeding Grey, driving with Michael to our shoot location or wherever I can! Having a portable charger like this one is necessary!
Some days all I am doing is running from place to place and fitting in work tasks. From play dates, school runs, grocery store trips. Add work meetings and shoots into the mix and my day seems to be a cluster you know what.
A large tote or handbag is great for tossing in your in your laptop along with paper, phone, keys and also keep the kid’s stuff -wipes, sanitizer, an activity book, a change of clothes may be needed. I also have a small bag to hold my makeup for quick touch-ups, cause we all know as moms we may need them from here to there.
10. A slow cooker.
The last thing you want to do after a day’s work, plus taking care of the kiddos is slave away in the kitchen. You’re tired, you’re hungry, and you want dinner now. My slow cooker always saves the day! Quickly toss some ingredients in the slow cooker before work in the morning, and a homemade meal will be ready to go when you return. Dinner is served! My favorite recipes are from Skinny Taste Slow Cooker Recipes.
What are your working mom must-haves?