You may not be a morning person (confession: I’m not a morning person), but I do know I love breakfast and enjoy making these yummy recipes on the weekend or when I have a little more time.
The best part is they are all healthy and taste so good! Sutton’s favorite are the 3-ingredient Banana pancakes topped with blueberries and peanut butter!
Microwave Egg and Vegetable Breakfast Sandwich via Foodie Crush
¾ cup egg whites
10-15 fresh spinach leaves
1 wedge Laughing Cow Herb & Garlic Cheese
2 slices tomato
2-4 slices avocado
Cholula hot sauce
- Toast bagel thin in the toaster or toast oven. In a small bowl (I used disposable bowls at the office) add egg whites and spinach leaves, season with kosher salt. Place in microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds, keeping an eye on the eggs so they don’t overflow.
- Smear wedge of cheese on toasted bagel thin and add slices of tomato. Spoon egg out of bowl in a single patty and place on top of cheese and tomato, top with avocado. Season with more salt and hot sauce if desired.
image via A Healthy Life
4 Ingredient Healthy Pancake
¼ tsp cinnamon
⅓ cup oats
2 large eggs
1 medium ripe banana
Put the banana in a bowl and mash with a fork.
Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
Put the oats in a blender and blend until fine. ( I make a big batch to have on hand)
Add the blended oats and cinnamon to the banana mix, and stir well.
Heat a skillet over a medium heat with a dash of vegetable oil.
Pour ¼ cup of the mixture into the skillet, cook on one side for about 1.5 minutes, then turn and cook on the other side for about 1 minute (or until golden brown on both sides).
Serve (with or without maple syrup) and enjoy. We like sugar free syrup or PB.
Skinny Fried Avocado Toast
Recipe via Simple Greens Mom
2 eggs (fried sunny side up)
2 slices of bread (toasted)
1 small avocado
1 teaspoon lime juice
sea salt + black pepper
cilantro (optional for topping)
Prepare toast and fried eggs to personal preference.
Peel and mash avocado with the lime juice, salt and pepper.
Spread avocado evenly on each slice of toast then top each with a fried eggs and additional seasonings you prefer. Serve immediately.
5 INGREDIENT QUINOA SUPERFOOD BREAKFAST BOWL via
Cooked Quinoa put right into a bowl
Top with your fav fruit
Top with almond milk
Recipe via Running with Spoons
1 cup (120 g) whole wheat pastry flour*
1 cup (80 g) old fashioned rolled oats**
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 large egg
1 cup (225 g) plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup (50 g) brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 medium-sized apple (120 g), peeled, cored, and grated
1/2 cup (80 g) raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350F (176C) and prepare a muffin pan by spraying the cavities with cooking spray or lining them with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Lightly beat the egg in a separate bowl. Whisk in the yogurt, applesauce, brown sugar, vanilla, and grated apple, stirring until well-combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing gently until just combined. Fold in the raisins.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, filling them almost to the top. Add a sprinkle of oats if desired.
- Bake the muffins for 20-22 minutes, or until top is firm to the touch and toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store them in an air-tight container for up to 5 days, or freeze them for up to 3 months.
You can also use a mix of all-purpose and whole wheat. I’d suggest 1/2 cup (60 g) of AP and 1/2 cup (60 g) of whole wheat.
** Do not use quick oats. They are too fine and will dry out the muffins too much.
Spinach, Feta, and Artichoke Breakfast Bake via Skinny Taste
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, all excess liquid squeezed out
1/2 cup scallions, finely chopped
3/4 cup chopped artichokes (from canned), drained and patted dry
1/3 cup diced red pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
8 large eggs
4 large egg whites
1/4 cup fat free milk
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with oil.
Spray a casserole dish with nonstick pray. In a small bowl combine
spinach, scallions, artichoke, red pepper, garlic and dill. Pour into
the casserole dish spreading evenly.
In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix in feta cheese and pour over vegetables.
Bake until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 32 to 35 minutes. Let stand 8 to 10 minutes before cutting into 8 pieces.
Make Ahead Smoothie Packs via How Sweet It is
fruit + greens, frozen ahead of time (at least the night before)
1 1/2 cups your favorite (frozen or fresh) fruit
2 cups greens of choice (spinach, kale, etc)
dry ingredients: chia seeds, hemp seeds, coconut, flaxseeds, unsweetened cocoa, protein powder – whatever you’d like!
when adding to the blender: add 1 to 1 1/2 cups liquid of choice (milk, water, juice) along with your fruit+greens pack + dry ingredients. Blend it up!
my go-to favorite frozen fruits to have on hand are bananas, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, pineapple and mango. we truly mix EVERYTHING – any kind of fruit and green together!
Make sure to pin your favorites to save for later! Enjoy!