SHOP THE LOOK
Having fitness as a part of my lifestyle has enriched my life in so many ways. It keeps me happy, healthy and motivated in all aspects of life. So today I wanted to share some of my health and workout goals.
1. I aim to workout at least 4 times a week-that are 45 minutes to an hour long. I like to get my workouts done first thing in the morning. I feel so refreshed and motivated to take on the day. As a mom, finding a place with good childcare where I can my daughter while I workout was important. Tip* Make sure you are incorporating both weight training and cardio in your exercise routine.
2. I drink at least 75 ounces of water a day. If you follow me on snapchat, you may have seen I shared that I drink 20 oz of water first thing when I wake up before I eat anything. I feel it cleanses and hydrates my body to start the day. Carry a water bottle everywhere you go and always have some in your car. It’s so good for your mind, your body, your skin and health!
3. I invest in quality workout clothes…cue Carbon 38
. Because it motivates me to get moving. Trust me, if you pajamas and your workout clothes are one and the same, you’re gonna have a bad workout. I notice a 180 turnaround once I change out of my sweats and into actual workout clothes. They make me want to get out and keep this booty in shape, rather than veg on the couch and watch Bravo. Mind over matter, people!
are my latest finds at Carbon 38
and are my current favorites. These leggings (as seen here
) are so cute and I love the fact they look great while at that gym or out running errands or grabbing juice. If you have yet to check out Carbon 38
amazing selection of workout clothes, you are missing out. I
4. I aim to eat pretty healthy and clean throughout the week.
Healthy fats-avocados, nuts, salmon.
Lots of veggies.
Lots of water.
Weekends I let myself eat whatever I want. I work hard, so I can play hard.
5. Stretch, stretch a lot. Stretching is soo important for your body’s health. It elongates your muscles and keeps your joints healthy. The stuff you will need when your older. Take 5 minutes to stretch while watching the Bachelor or your favorite TV show each night.
Remember …. (favorite workout quotes)
“I workout because I love my body, not because I hate my body.”
“On good days I workout, on bad days I workout harder.”
“Exercise doesn’t get in the way of my life, it adds to the quality of it.”
“You don’t get the ass you want by sitting on it.”
Any questions feel free to email me or comment!