My baby girl is already 2 months old! I can’t believe how fast she is growing. So today I wanted to share some of my favorites things that have helped me along the way.
1. The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding Book by La Leche League International. A friend actually sent me her copy and I wish I would have read this before Sutton was born. Such a great resource for breastfeeding moms. In the beginning, I constantly doubted myself and had soooo many questions. This book was a lifesaver and I highly recommend if you plan on breast feeding.
2. Nursing Bras-A couple of my favorite nursing bras are from A Pea in the Pod. I love this seamless clip-down bra one for my casual days when I am at home and just in comfy sweats or workout clothes. This nude demi bra is what I wear when I dress up more. I love the coverage, fit and the nude color blends well under any fabric.
3. The Bump Nest-This pillow is amazing! It is the by far the softest pillow I have ever owned. It’s long and wraps perfectly around your body and supports all the right spots. I loved it not only for when I was expecting, but also for postpartum. I use it when I nurse for support and love it for when I sleep.
4. Aden and Anais blankets– These blankets are know for being great swaddles, which they are, but I mainly use them for everyday errands or walks, since they are lightweight and so soft and cute.
5. 4moms Mamaroo Infant Seat-You can’t even call this a swing, it’s more like a spaceship that sways your baby just like you would. With 5 different motions, and 5 different speeds, plus sleep sounds, Sutton absolutely loves this. She take several of her day naps in her mamaroo.
6. Halo SleepSack Swaddle-Sutton gets swaddled at every nap and during the night, and these swaddles are so great. They keep her nice and snug and she doesn’t escape. I have tried other versions and they just don’t do as well of a job.
7. Covered Goods Nursing Cover-I like to take Sutton wherever I go, be that shopping, family events, weddings, etc and will nurse in public if need be. About a month ago, Michael and I were at a wedding and I had one of those covers that only cover the front. Well I had to pull down the entire front of my dress, back exposed and all and I just felt really exposed, since there was no where to nurse really that private. Soon after I received a Covered Goods nursing cover and it’s been night and day nursing in public. I feel so much more covered with the “poncho” like style. Plus the fabric is so soft and all the designs are so so cute! See my cover here.
7. Orbit G3 Car Seat, Base and Stroller-when selecting a car seat and stroller, the orbit was a no brainer. The interchangeable seat makes this stroller a one stop shop. When going places you don’t have to change your baby from car seat to stroller seat, you just take the car seat out of the car base and place on the stroller base. The stroller base is a one handed folding system, which is amazing. So easy to take in and out and fits in all sizes of cars. I get so comments every where I go. Eventually, when we have #2, Sutton can ride alongside on the skateboard looking side kick or even in her own seat with the double helix seat system. So many great options as baby girl grows and we expand the family more.
What are some of your favorite mom things? Do share, I love hearing!