- Take a 2 inch sections to curl.
- Wrap hair around barrel away from face (another option is to switch every other wrap curl away from face and toward face)
- Hold for 8-10 seconds and release it carefully and let sit.
- Continue to do this to entire head of hair.
- After curls have had time to sit, run your fingers to break up the curls and loosen them up.
- Finish with hair spray to hold curls.
- Use a smaller barrel for smaller curls or shorter hair
Who takes all of your photos? My husband takes a lot of my photos and was my photographer when I first started. Now I have another photographer I use on a regular basis. But I still love having Michael shoot me!
What self-tanner do you use? I shared all my favorite products and tips for the perfect sunless tan in a blog post here.
What’s your advice for new bloggers? You don’t grow overnight, this takes time. Make sure you are able to post consistently and include high quality images before you decide to start blogging seriously. Make sure to network yourself, by visiting other blogs and commenting. Use trending hashtags that are relevant on instagram and twitter. Blogging is very fun, but a lot of hard work and dedication. Good things don’t come easy, ever!
How can you grow your instagram?
Take high quality, well lit photos and post consistently. Tag brands you are wearing on instagram for a possible feature/regram. Use relevant hashtags and post at peak times of the day. Instagram now has analytics that show you what times have the best engagement from your audience.
What instagram filters do you use?
To edit photos taken on my phone, I use Afterlight, VSCO and Snapseed are all my favorites.